REPORTING TO: Credit Manager
WORKING HOURS: 08:00-17:00, Monday-Saturday
DUTY STATION: Kampala Uganda
Bumu Central Finance Co. Ltd is looking for Credit Officers whose responsibilities include appraising, reviewing, authorizing, and recommending loans for approval. They will be meeting with applicants to determine their creditworthiness before deciding whether or not they will offer them a loan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate credit worthiness by processing loan applications and documentation within specified limits.
- Interview applicants to determine financial eligibility and feasibility of granting loans. ∙
- Determine all applicable ratios and metrics and set up debt payment plans.
- Communicate with clients either to request or to provide information.
- Justify decisions (approvals/rejections) and report on them.
- Complete loan contracts and counsel clients on policies and restrictions.
- Assess customer needs, explore all options and introduce different types of loans to customers.
- Develop referral networks, suggest alternate channels and cross-sell company products and services.
- Go the “extra mile” to build trust relationships, customer loyalty, and satisfaction throughout the underwriting process.
- Οperate in compliance with laws and regulations and adhere to lending compliance guidelines. ∙
- Debt collection from company clients.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree/Diploma in Micro Finance, Business Administration, Economics or a related field.
- At least 1 (One) year proven working experience as a Credit Officer.
- Working under pressure.
- Familiarity with computers and banking applications/software.
- Solid understanding of direct/indirect lending products and practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer satisfaction orientation and sales competencies.
- Ability to work in a goal-oriented environment
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates to send CVs and Cover Letters through our website https://bumu-cfc.com by Clicking on the ‘Careers ‘ section or address the applications to : The Human Resource/Operations Manager Bumu Central Finance Co. Ltd P.O. Box 27288 Kampala
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 19th August, 2022
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.